- 3 Tbsp frozen spinach, thawed (1 frozen package = about 16 Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp artichoke hearts, minced (1 can = about 12 Tbsp)
- 2 tsp onions, minced (1 thin slice of a large onion)
- 1 tsp red bell pepper, minced
- 4 eggs plus 2 eggs, divided (yolks/whites)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash ground white pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
You’ll also need 4 small baking dishes, such as 4-inch ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mince vegetables – artichokes, spinach, onion, and pepper, and combine in small bowl (can do this ahead and freeze – for instance, a can of artichokes will make 4 batches).
- Mix together 4 eggs, 2 egg yolks, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Unfold the pastry dough, roll it out, and cut it into 4 squares. Use some flour on the dough and roll out with a rolling pin so that each piece stretches out into a square approximately 6×6 inches.
- Brush melted butter inside the four 4-inch baking dishes or ramekins. Line each ramekin with the dough, and then spoon equal amounts of egg mixture into each ramekin.
- Gently fold corners inward over the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, then top each with remaining Asiago and Monterrey Jack cheeses. Bake another 10-15 minutes, until custard is set.