- 1 container (8 oz) chives and onion cream cheese spread (sometimes I omit this, and I rarely use the whole 8 oz)
- 1 – 2 cups hummus (I use this recipe: if doing 8×8 appetizer, I use about half; if doing individual portions, I use the whole batch of hummus)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced (I leave skin & seeds on – personal preference)
- 1 container (dry pint) cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters (or a couple large tomatoes diced)
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives (or a few spoonfuls sliced kalamata olives … I sometimes omit this if making it just for myself)
- 1 container (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese (use about 2/3 of that)
- 4-6 medium green onions, sliced thin (include some of the greens)
- Pita bread, pita chips, crackers, or some other crunchy carb to serve with
For an appetizer, use an 8×8 dish (or similar) and layer in the order listed below. If making smaller portions (i.e. individual servings for dinner), I use my smaller 2-cup Pyrex Snapware dishes and divide this into 5 or 6 of them. Either way, layer in same order.
- Spread cream cheese over the bottom of the dish (use back of spoon).
- Drop spoonfuls of hummus over the cream cheese and carefully spread around.
- Layer other ingredients, in the order listed.
- Serve with chips, pita bread, crackers, etc.