I found this recipe recently and it has quickly risen to the top of our grilling favorites. In the original blog post, the writer claimed that “this grilled zucchini will rock your ever-loving world.” That seemed like a pretty big build-up, but we were not disappointed!
- 6 whole zucchini (medium-sized)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- Juice from the lemon that you zest
- Cut the top and bottoms off the zucchini. Slice them lengthwise, into quarters. Place the zucchini in a large Ziploc bag.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and pour into the bag (or pour all of the ingredients in the bag and slosh it around to mix). Turn bag several times to make sure all the zucchini is coated.
- Marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spray grill with oil. Grill zucchini on medium (or medium-low) heat. Reserve marinade. Grill on all 3 sides until there are grill marks and the zucchini is nice and tender. Drizzle remaining marinade over the zucchini spears while grilling.
Source: Pioneer Woman blog (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/grilled-zucchini-with-yummy-lemon-salt/)