Combine the following ingredients in the crock pot:
- 1 medium/large red onion, chopped
- 1 bag frozen Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready Tri-Color Pepper and Onion blend (or 1 chopped red bell pepper and 1 chopped green pepper)
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced (or 1 heaping Tbsp minced garlic)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more, if you like spicier chili)
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- about 1 tsp sea salt (more or less, to taste)
- about 1/4 tsp (or more to taste) ground pepper
- 28-oz can diced tomatoes, including the liquid
- 8-oz can tomato sauce
Cook on high for about 4 hours (or longer on low).
About 30-60 minutes before serving, add:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Cook for an additional 30-60 minutes, until beans are hot.
Serve over Ditalini pasta, with sour cream or Mexican cheese blend. Yum!
Original recipe: cookieandkate.com/2011/sweet-potato-chili-recipe/