Yield: about 3 cups
- 2 large beets
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
Garnish with 1/3 cup walnuts and/or 1 tsp chopped dill
- Cut beets into 1/2 inch cubes. Roast with a bit of olive oil at 400 degrees F until tender.
- In a food processor add chickpeas, lemon juice, minced garlic, tahini, paprika, sriracha, salt, olive oil and salt. Set aside. When the beets are cool enough to handle, add them to the food processor and purée all ingredients. You can also leave it a bit chunky, if you prefer the texture!
- Serve in a bowl and with chopped walnuts and dill to garnish. Pair with quality crackers and feta.