- 1 large salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp lemon-pepper or mango-lime seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 small onion, sliced into rings and separated
- 3-6 lemon slices
- 2 Tbsp butter, cubed
Dill Sauce (this is for 2 pounds salmon … may want to cut in half for 2 people):
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (or a spoonful of mayonnaise)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish sauce
- 3/4 tsp dill weed, fresh chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon.
1 pound salmon = about 3 servings