- 1 loaf Italian, Cuban, or French bread, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- about 15-20 vegetarian meatballs
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an un-greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup cheese over the bread slices.
- Arrange meatballs over pieces of bread.
- Spoon on pasta sauce.
- Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
Note: If you want to ensure your bread is not too soggy, then toast the slices of bread before putting them in the baking dish. I don’t mind the pieces being a little soggy and I did not do this.