This is very similar to another Thai Soup that I have posted, so I called this one a ‘stew’ instead. Eric and Hannah both prefer this version to the other version which uses a box of Thai-Ginger vegetarian stock.
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste (we like Thai Kitchen brand)
- 2 12-oz cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth (2 cups water + 1 Knorr vegetarian bullion cube)
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (heaping tablespoons) peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 onions, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces (or a bag of Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready frozen tri-colored pepper blend)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 12-15 oz small potatoes, quartered (about half a 24-oz bag of Potato Inspirations)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- cilantro for garnish
- cooked white rice
- Mix curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, peanut butter, and ginger together in large bowl – whisk until well-mixed. Add vegetable broth and whisk until incorporated. Pour into 6-quart crock pot.
- Add onions, peppers, carrots, and potatoes. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add in the peas and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and serve with cilantro and rice.