- 2 heads roasted garlic**
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1.5 to 2 Tbsp. mild honey
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Squeeze the garlic paste from the roasted heads into a blender/food processor. Add the mustard, honey, vinegar, apple juice, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Tightly covered and refrigerated, it will keep for about 4 days.
** Roasted Garlic: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove some of the papery skin from the heads of garlic, being careful not to break the cloves apart. Cut off top 1/2 inch of each head. Place the heads of garlic in the middle of a sheet of aluminum foil. Add a tablespoon of water and fold the aluminum foil to form a sealed package. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the cloves are very soft to the touch. Let cool. Squeeze the garlic paste from the heads as needed. Sealed and refrigerated, roasted garlic will keep for at least a week.
Source: Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites Cookbook