- 1 package of puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- several Tbsp basil pesto
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with Pam spray.
- Lay out puff pastry sheet on baking sheet. Fold over 2 parallel edges so there is about 1/2″ lip/crust on each side.
- Spread very thin layer of pesto (two or three spoonfuls) on the puff pastry (avoid getting any on the lip/edge).
- Layer tomato slices on the puff pastry (avoid lip/edge).
- Put a little salt and pepper on the tomato slices.
- Brush olive oil onto the lip/edges.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees, until edges are slightly browned.
- Eat hot or cold.
Serves about 3 people.