Makes enough for dinner for 2, plus left-overs.
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ginger paste (divided)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 bag (14 oz) Birds Eye Recipe Ready Tricolor Pepper & Onion Blend (frozen)
- 1 handful baby carrots, julienne cut
- any additional stir-fry veggies that you want to add
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2.5 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: Cooked shrimp (we keep this separate from the stir fry, so that the stir fry left overs keep longer in the fridge).
- Cook rice, as per directions, in rice cooker.
- In large bowl, combine corn starch, 1 tsp ginger and 2 Tbsp olive oil. Mix until cornstarch is dissolved. Mix in vegetables, tossing to coat.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for a few minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. (I added carrots first for 2-3 minutes, then frozen veggies). Once veggies are warmed, stir in soy sauce, water, salt, and remaining ginger. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- If including shrimp: Remove veggies and cook shrimp in pan until just done.
- Serve over rice.
BUDGET: under $5.00 unless include shrimp – then add around $10 for pound of shrimp.
- Rice: On sale, with $1.00/1 MQ = $FREE
- Birds Eye Veggies: BOGO with $1.00/1 MQ and $1.00/2 Publix Q = $FREE
- Ginger Paste: approx $4 – will last for several batches
- Everything else I typically have stocked