Vegetarian version uses Morning Star bacon … but meat-lovers could easily use real bacon.
- 1/2 package Morning Star Bacon
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (approx.)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together brown sugar and chili powder in small, shallow bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil or Pam spray.
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Cut each piece in half again (so you have 4 quarters). Remove from outer shell. Slice each quarter into slices about 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick lengthwise. Then cut through the middle to cut all the slices in half so you have thick chunks of avocado.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half. Dip in water, then in sugar mixture to coat outside with sugar. Place 1 piece of avocado on non-sugary side of bacon and wrap. Use toothpick to secure and place on foil.
- Bake at 425 for about 10-15 minutes (not too much longer or avocado will become a little bitter). Remove from foil quickly after removing from oven – the melted sugars will start to harden as it cools and the bacon will stick to the foil and become hard to remove.