- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups fresh yellow corn kernels
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup softened goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add corn and onion, and saute for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, and half-and-half in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in goat cheese until blended. Whisk in basil, sugar, salt, and pepper; stir in corn mixture and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese until blended. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool 15 minutes.
Source: Southern Living magazine, November 2013 (pg. 98)