- 1 large sweet potato (about 9 ounces)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Position the baking rack in the middle and heat the oven to 425[dg]F. Wrap the sweet potato in foil and bake in a shallow baking pan until it can be easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow the potato to cool completely.
- Peel the skin off the sweet potato and transfer to a food processor fitted with a blade. Add the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt and nutmeg, and process until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, add a little extra olive oil or water, and process until the desired consistency is reached.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Well’s Vegetarian Thanksgiving 2012 (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/12/health/20121111_vegetarian-thanksgiving.html/#Hummus_a_la_Sweet_Potato)