- 1 cup 1-percent low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup boiling water (see note above)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Process the cottage cheese and boiling water together in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sour cream, oil, lemon juice, parsley, tarragon, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and continue to process until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chives. Cover and refrigerate until the flavors have blended, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Nutrition information (per 3 tablespoon serving): Calories 50; fat 3 grams (saturated 0 grams); cholesterol 5 milligrams; carbohydrate 1 gram; protein 3 grams; fiber 0 grams; sodium 125 milligrams.
Source: Well’s Vegetarian Thanksgiving 2010 (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/11/08/health/20101108_thanksgiving.html#Green_Goddess_Dip)