Found a recipe that reminds us of our Massaman Curry sauce from Thai Star (our favorite Thai place, in Duluth, GA).
Makes 2 cups.
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 2 Tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1.5 tsp red curry paste (Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In saucepan, heat the sauce on medium heat. When the sauce boils, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Would be very good over rice and some veggies (onions, peppers, potatoes, shrimp).
Modified from: Cafe Sunflower cookbook