- 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (~ 2 tsp)
- 1/2 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 red onion
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced (portabella)
- 2 10-oz packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 15-oz ricotta cheese (part-skim)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Parmesan Cheese, optional topping
- Potato-smash the tomatoes in a bowl. Add oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the uncooked rigatoni, onion, and mushroom in separate bowl.
- Spread 1/3 tomato mixture in the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Top this with half the pasta mixture, half the spinach, and 1/3 tomato mixture, 1/2 ricotta, and 1/2 mozzarella cheese. Repeat this layering with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours, until pasta is cooked.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.