- 5 good quality eggs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (your favorite)
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- 2 big pinches of salt
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (any kind of onion will work)
- 1/2 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 small bunch of chives, minced
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by a 1/2-inch or so. Bring to a gentle boil. Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for exactly seven minutes. Have a big bowl of ice water ready and when the eggs are done cooking and place them in the ice bath for three minutes or so – long enough to stop the cooking.
- While the eggs are boiling and cooling, combine the yogurt, curry powder and salt in a tiny bowl. Set aside.
- Crack and peel each egg, and coarsely chop (I scooped out and threw away two of the egg yolks, too, to make this a little healthier).
- Add the curried yogurt, onions, apple, pecans, and chives and stir. (If needed, add a little more plain yogurt to moisten up the mixture, a little at a time). Add more salt if needed.
- Enjoy as-is, or served wrapped in lettuce or between two slices of good, toasted bread.