- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tps honey
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 whole salmon filet, skin on, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a small saute pan over medium heat (stovetop), melt brown sugar with honey and butter. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and ginger. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Trim or roll up foil to leave a border of about 1/2 inch around the edge of salmon. Coat the flesh of the salmon with the brown sugar mixture.
- Grill salmon indirectly over medium heat until the edges begin to brown and the inside is opaque – 25 to 30 minutes. The internal temperature should be about 125 degrees F.
- Carefully transfer salmon with the foil to a cutting board. Cut the salmon cross wise into 6 to 8 pieces, but do not cut through the skin. Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh and remove salmon pieces to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Wine note: Pinot Noir
Source: Weber’s Art of the Grill Deck