Total Time: 35 minutes; Makes 6 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped (~2 tsp minced)
- 1.5 lb lean ground beef (7% fat)
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz carrot trinity mix (Publix: fresh diced onions, celery, carrots … I usually chop my own fresh veggies – about 1/2 cup each)
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cans cannellini beans (15-16 oz), drained
- 1 (32-oz) box unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, tomato pesto, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until blended. Shape into 1-inch meatballs (about 25-30); wash hands.
- Preheat large stockpot on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add meatballs (in batches); cook and turn 6-8 minutes or until browned. Remove meatballs from pan and set aside.
- Add carrot trinity mix (onions, celery, carrots) and garlic to pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onions soften. Add spinach; cook 2-3 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in beans, chicken stock, meatballs,a nd remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Simmer 5-7 minutes or until meatballs are 160 degrees F and soup is hot. Top with cheese and serve.
Nutritional information: Calories (per 1/6 serving) 390; Fat 14g; Chol 70mg; Sodium 870mg; Carb 27g; Fiber 6g; Protein 38g; Vit A 45%; Vit C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 30%
Source: Publix Aprons Simple meals (www.publix.com/aprons)