- 4 oz Gourmet Blend of Mushrooms (Publix) OR: 5 button mushrooms, sliced; 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced; 2 oyster mushrooms, sliced; 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 2 Tbsp red onion, diced (used at least double this)
- 1/2 each red and green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (~ 2 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth for purely vegetarian)
- 4 pocketless pita breads or 4 naan bread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup mixed cheese, shredded (used a little more)
- Preheat grill to medium-low. Place one or two sheets of aluminum foil over grill grates.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and peppers to medium saucepan with garlic, wine, and chicken stock. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes (until liquid is almost cooked off). Drain liquid.
- Cover pita with tomato sauce. Add mushroom mixture; then sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on tin foil over medium-low grill until cheese melts. (I think we skipped the foil step and turned out fine).
Serves 2; Prep: 25 minutes; Grill: 5-10 minutes.
Source: CharBroil’s Everybody Grills cookbook