A friend made this yummy dish for dinner one night. Can’t wait to have it again …
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust dough
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roll the dough out on a floured counter and use to line an 8-inch quiche pan (or pie dish). Prick the base with a fork and let chill in fridge.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, seed them, and place skin-side up on a cookie sheet. Mix the garlic and oil and brush over the bell peppers. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until beginning to char slightly.
- Let the bell peppers cool slightly and slice thinly. Arrange in the base of the pie shell, layering with the mozzarella cheese.
- Beat the egg and milk mixture and add the basil. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the peppers. Put the tart on a cookie sheet and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until set. Serve hot or cold.
Nutrition: 4 servings. Calories: 237; Sugar: 3 g; Protein: 6 g; Carbs: 20 g; Fat: 15 g