One of my friends shared this recipe with me – a great holiday treat!!
1 batch = approx 100 balls
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1.5 lb (5 1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 10 oz Hershey bar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 slab parafin wax (found in the canning section); about 4 oz
- Mix peanut butter, rice krispies, and butter. Once well-combined, add powdered sugar.
- Form into balls (about 1 Tbsp each) and freeze (cover in freezer).
- Melt hershey bar, chocolate chips, and paraffin in double-broiler. Poke a toothpick into ball and dip into melted chocolate.
- Do not melt chocolate mix in the microwave.
- Paraffin: if comes in sticks, use 1 full stick (1/4 box)
- Never add water to thin the chocolate; add more paraffin instead
- Warm peanut butter in microwave just a little bit to soften
- Chop/shave chocolate and wax so that it melts quicker
- Dip hands in powdered sugar in a pie plate when rolling balls
- Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips work well.