- 3 to 3.5 pound beef boneless chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 8 small potatoes, cut in half
- 3 cups baby-cut carrots
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 jar (5 oz) prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- Trim excess fat from beef. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and onions in 4- to 6- quart slow cooker. Place beef on vegetables. Mix horseradish, salt, and pepper; spread evenly over beef.
- Pour water over beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
Nutritional information: 1 serving: Calories 345; Cal from fat 135; Fat 15g; Saturated fat 5g; Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 390mg; Carbs 30g; Fiber 4g; Protein 27g
Source: Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook