- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 whole salmon fillet, skin on, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, melt brown sugar with honey and butter. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and ginger. Cool.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Trim foil to leave a border of 1/4 to 1/2 inch around the edge of the salmon. Coat the flesh of the salmon with the brown sugar mixture.
- Grill salmon indirectly over medium heat until the edges begin to brown and the inside is opaque, 25 to 30 minutes. The internal temperature should be about 125 degrees F. Carefully transfer salmon with the foil to a cutting board.
- Cut the salmon crosswise into 6 to 8 pieces, but do not cut through the skin. Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh and remove salmon pieces to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Source: Weber’s Art of the Grill Deck (Recipes for Outdoor Living)