Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1.5 lb beef stew meat
- 12 medium new potatoes (1.5 lb), cut in half
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 bag (8 oz) baby-cut carrots (about 30)
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Soak tomatoes in water as directed on package; drain and chop coarsely.
- Mix tomatoes and remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup water and the flour in 3.5 to 6-quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 5 hours) or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Mix 1/4 cup water and the flour; gradually stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove bay leaf.
Nutritional information: 1 serving = calories 310; calories from fat 100; fat 11 g; saturated fat 4 g; cholesterol 60 mg; sodium 600 mg; carbs 34 g; fiber 5 g; protein 24 g.
Source: Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook