MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 2 Bakery deli-style sub rolls
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard, I used dijon
- aluminum foil
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup pre-diced tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup pre-diced red onions, divided
- 2 cups lettuce shreds, divided
- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Slice bread in half lengthwise, leaving 1-inch uncut.
- Combine ketchup and mustard sauce; spread over inside of each sub roll. Place rolls on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- Form ground beef into four patties (wash hands). Season beef patties with salt and pepper. Place patties on grill (or in grill pan); grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until 160°F.
- Cut burgers in half and place inside sub rolls; top each with 1/4 cup cheese sauce, 1/4 cup tomatoes, and 1/4 cup onions. Bring sides of foil up around roll and place over indirect heat on grill; grill (or bake in oven at 400°F) 6–7 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is hot. Add lettuce shreds, then cut each sub into 3 equal pieces; serve.
Note: Cut subs into even smaller portions for an easy-to-manage appetizer.
Source: Publix Apron’s Simple Meals recipe
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 350kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 760mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 24g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 15%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%