- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts 1/3 cup zucchini with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 67 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Source: Light & Tasty Magazine http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Zucchini-Fritters-2