- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, zucchini and mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustards, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts 1 piece equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Source: Light & Tasty Magazine http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Zucchini-Frittata-4