- ¾ to 1 pound shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1 jar (8 oz) Thai Kitchen brand “Original Pad Thai Sauce”
- ½ pound linguine pasta (that’s approx. ½ box)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cup carrots, julienned
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Approx. 1 – 1 ½ cups sprouts
- Chopped peanuts
- Crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Olive oil
- Cook linguine to al dente, according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking:
- Scramble eggs in about 1 Tbsp olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté shrimp, carrots, and shallots in about 2 Tbsp olive oil until the shrimp is cooked.
- Add linguine and can of Pad Thai Sauce into the shrimp mixture and sauté for 4-5 minutes
- Mix eggs into shrimp mixture.
Serve: with a handful of sprouts (~ ½ cup), a few spoonfuls of scallions, and peanuts. Add red pepper flakes for heat (to taste).
Makes 2 generous portions
* Note: I get a small bag of baby carrots and cut them as follows: cut in half lengthwise, then place the flat side down and carefully cut each of those into three skinny strips.