My mom has been describing her smoothie concoction to me … and I was a little skeptical about whether I would like her smoothie recipe. It includes bananas and spinach (I know bananas are highly popular in smoothies, but I just don’t care for the flavor). However, when I came to visit this past weekend and she let me taste, I discovered that you can’t taste the spinach and the banana flavor is so mild in this recipe. I’m definitely going to try this myself when I get home. She did not have a recipe written down, so I tried to approximate her ingredients while she made it this morning.
Makes 2 large smoothies:
- ~ 1/2 cup cranberry juice (100% cranberry juice, no sugar added)
- ~ 3/4 cup orange juice
- ~ 1/2 cup water
- ~ 8 large ice cubes
- 4 Tablespoon full of vanilla yogurt (Dannon Light & Fit)
- 1 ripe banana, fresh (room-temp)
- ~1/4 cup blueberries (frozen)
- ~ 1/4 cup red raspberries (frozen)
- ~ 8 cherries (frozen)
- ~ 8 strawberries (frozen)
- 2 large fistfuls of spinach
Blend in Ninja until smooth (this is very runny smoothie).