For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 or 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery, from the tender inner stalks
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- feta cheese (about 2 ounces/1/2 cup) – optional (I usually omit this)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove (more to taste), finely minced or pureed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions on box (mine is: 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in microwave or stovetop).
- Cut the corn kernels away from the cobs. Line small baking dish or pan with foil; broil or roast the corn at 400-450 degrees for 6-8 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool while preparing other ingredients.
- Soak the onion in cold water to cover for five minutes. Drain, rinse and drain on paper towels.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with the salad. Serve.
Yield: Serves four to six (about 7 cups).
Source: Adapted from http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/14/health/nutrition/14recipehealth.html
Goes well with Lime Chili Chicken Satays