I think I like this recipe better than chocolate!!
- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 2 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 1-2 medium head garlic
- 6 cups vegetable broth – try 4 cups next time. 6 made it too thin.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place squash halves and onion onto the prepared baking sheet. Wrap garlic in foil and set with other vegetables.
- Roast in the center of the oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until the squash is tender. Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of their skin like paste into a food processor. Scrape the flesh from the squash and place into the food processor along with the roasted onion. Puree until smooth. Add vegetable broth if necessary. Transfer the pureed mixture to a stockpot and stir in vegetable broth. Season with the bay leaf, brown sugar, curry powder, oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- Remove bay leaf and serve hot.