Crock Pot Recipe – for 3.5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- 1 to 2 pounds ground turkey (normally we get 1.25 lb of the lean turkey)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can (15 or 16 ounces) cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- Ditalini pasta
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cook turkey in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain.
- Mix turkey and remaining ingredients except beans (and “serve with” items) in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours (or high heat setting for 3 to 4 hours), or until onion is tender.
- Stir in beans. Cover and cook on high heat setting for additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Serve over ditalini pasta with shredded cheese.