Makes 4 sandwiches.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried leaves)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey (about 3-4 slices per sandwich)
- 12-16 large basil leaves
- 8 slices bread
- Roast peppers as follows: Cover pan with aluminum foil. Place peppers on foil; preheat the broiler. Broil the peppers a few inches from heat, turning every 10-15 minutes, until charred on all sides. Place in a paper bag and fold closed. Set aside for 15 minutes to steam. Peel, seed, and slice the pepper into thin strips.
- In quart-sized ziploc plastic bag, combine rosemary, vinegar, and 1 Tbsp water; add the pepper. Seal the bag, squeezing out the air; turn to coat the pepper. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain and discard the marinade.
- To assemble the sandwiches: layer the turkey, pepper, and basil leaves on the rolls. Either use a panini press or grill on stovetop like you would a grilled cheese (spray the pan with non-stick olive oil to coat).
Source: Weight Watchers “New Complete Cookbook”