- 2-3 slices bread
- 4 Morning Star Maple sausage patties
- 1 cup frozen potato tater tots
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut bread into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased/sprayed 8-in. square baking dish.
- In microwave, defrost sausage patties and potato tater tots until thawed. Chop/crumble into small pieces. Sprinkle the sausage and potatoes over bread cubes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over casserole.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, and salt. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Sprinkle pepper over top (to taste). Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Variation: substitute 1/2 to 1 pound meat sausage for the morning star and potatoes.