- 1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a cookie sheet.
- Remove rind from brie cheese.
- Combine egg and water.
- Slice wheel of Brie cheese in half so you have 2 circles of cheese. Spread almonds on (the cut side) half of one circle of brie. Make sandwich out of the two halves of Brie, so that the almonds are in the center of both halves. Wrap the entire wheel of Brie with one sheet of puffed pastry; brush seams with egg mixture. Flip the entire concoction onto the prepared cooking sheet so the seam is on bottom.
- Brush the puffed pastry with the egg. Decorate with left-over pastry.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry in golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Parsley & almond as filling
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam (seedless) and 2 Tbsp walnuts