- 2 Servings
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 4 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion and chopped pepper until tender. Add the shrimp, cumin and ground pepper; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Layer a spoonful of cheese, 1/4 mixture, and another spoonful of cheese on half of the tortilla. Fold empty half of tortilla over the mix. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and shrimp mixture, spraying pan as needed.
Yield: 3 servings.
Modified from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Shrimp-Quesadillas-2
Nutrition Facts: 1 quesadilla equals 333 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.