- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, halved, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (~ 1.5 tsp)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- sprigs of cilantro to garnish
Put tomatoes, onions, cucumber, and green pepper into a pan, add 1/4 cup water and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Strain the vegetables, then transfer to a bowl. Pour the dressing over them, season with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped cilantro. Serve immediately for hot salad, garnished with sprigs of cilantro. Or, make this one day before serving to improve the flavor.
Source: Mediterranean cookbook