Tomato Walnut Tilapia – 20 minutes, serves 2
- 4 Tilapia filets, 4 oz each
- 1/4 tsp. salt (approx.)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (approx.)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (2-3 slices of bread in food processor)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp. butter, melted
- Sprinkle filets with salt and pepper. Cook filets (stovetop) in butter over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- In food processor, combine topping ingredients (bread, walnuts, lemon juice, and butter).
- Transfer fish to oven-safe dish. Place tomato slices over fish. Spoon topping onto tomato slices.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with side of fruit (oranges are nice).
1 filet = 205 calories; 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat); 67 mg cholesterol; 265 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 24 g protein