Roasted Vegetables with Steak – 15 minutes prep; 25 minutes bake, serves 2 with small amount of left-overs or 4-5 when recipe is doubled.
- 1  Red onion
- 1 [2-3] Red bell pepper
- 1  8-oz container of sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1  bunch of asparagus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (approximately)
- 1.5 [2.5] pound London broil steak (poke holes on both sides with fork)
- 1  tsp. sea salt
- 2  tsp. McCormick blend Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2  Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2  Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine marinade ingredients in Ziploc bag. Add London broil steak. Refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes (if possible; but if don’t have time, it turns out okay with just a quick soak).
- Chop onions, peppers, and asparagus into large chunks (bite-sized). Combine with mushrooms in a large Ziploc bag. Add olive oil (1 Tbsp) and sea salt. Seal and shake until vegetables are well-coated. May need to do this in two batches with a lot of veggies.
- Spread veggies into one or two large glass baking dishes.
- Put veggies and meat in oven; bake until meat is cooked to desired done-ness. Start checking after about 15 minutes. May want to cook veggies longer.
Optional: Rice helps stretch this meal.
Left-overs: This is excellent the next day in a wrap. Use a large soft tortilla wrap with fresh rice to make roasted veggie & steak burritos. Add some soy or teriyaki sauce for extra flavor.
Source: Shelly’s Creation