Guacamole with Roasted Corn – 25 minutes; makes ~ 3 cups
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 Tbsp (or more) minced red onion
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or minced)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 avocados – halved, peeled and pitted
- 2 small tomatoes (or 1 large), chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn, red onions, cumin, garlic, and oil. Spread the vegetable mixture onto a baking pan and roast about 3 inches from the heat source for about 10 minutes, stirring often. When the corn is tender and golden brown, remove the pan from the broiler and set aside to cool.
- Combine the avocados, lime juice, vinegar, and cilantro in food processor. Process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn mixture, avocado mixture, and chopped tomatoes. Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve later.
Source: Moosewood Cookbook