Quiche – 20 minutes prep – 45+ minutes bake, serves 4+
- Puff Pastry, 1 sheet (comes in box of 2)
- 8 oz Imitation crab meat
- 4 oz deli sliced turkey (about 4-6 slices)
- 4 oz Shredded Swiss cheese (approx. 1 cup shredded)
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs plus 4 egg whites, beaten (or 4 egg beaters)
- 1 cup milk (or slightly less if using egg beaters)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Vidalia/sweet onion
- Bake pie shell at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, until puffy.
- While pie shell is baking, mix cheese and flour in large bowl.
- Chop crab, onion, and deli turkey in food processor until coarsely chopped. Combine with cheese & flour mixture. Turn into pie shell.
- Beat together eggs, milk, lemon juice, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cheese mixture and gently mix together.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until quiche no longer “jiggles” in the middle. A knife inserted in the center is another way to check for doneness – should come out clean.
- Let quiche cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving.
Source: Shelly’s Creation