Tarragon-Almond Green Beans – 20 minutes, 4 servings
- 1.5 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced (~ 1 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon (or 1.5 tsp. fresh, minced tarragon)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place beans in large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions are tender. Add the vinegar, sugar, tarragon, and salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Drain beans and add to the onion mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds.