Slow-Cooked Herbed Turkey – 15 minutes plus marinade overnight then 3.5 + hours cook, 14-16 servings
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Chicken Broth
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh sage (3 tsp dried)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh thyme (3 tsp dried)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh marjoram (1 tsp dried)
- 3 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 frozen boneless turkey breast roasts, thawed (3 pounds each)
- In a blender (not food processor), combine the first 15 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Place turkey breasts in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; add half of marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; seal and refrigerate overnight. Pour remaining marinade into a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade from turkey. Transfer turkey breasts to a 5-qt slow cooker. Add reserve marinade; cover and cook on high for 3.5 to 5 hours or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: Do not use food processor; volume of liquid is too much and it leaks.