Lime Chili Chicken Satays – 2 servings
- 1 package (~ 14 oz) chicken tenderloins (or chicken breasts cut into strips or bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime (~ 2 Tbsp)
- 3/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (~ 1/2 tsp)
- 1/8 tsp. red chili flakes
- In shallow dish, whisk together marinade ingredients; add chicken tenders and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cook chicken on skillet in marinade just until juice turns clear (I did this on high heat turning frequently). Chicken should be fork-tender with no hint of pink in the meat.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook sugar and vinegar over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and chili flakes. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chick as dipping sauce.
Grille Option: Thread chicken tenders onto wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes (do this if choose to grille instead of cook on the skillet). Grill over medium hot coals or broil under high broiler for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Goes well with Asian Quinoa