Grammy’s Sweet Potato Casserole – 45 minutes, 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked and mashed yams (doesn’t have to be exact, about 2 – 2.5 pounds)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter – room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first seven ingredients in large bowl and mix. Put in greased baking dish.
- To make topping: combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over yam mixture.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Source: Grammy Jefferson