- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. plum sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (~ 2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. minced gingerroot
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (use less)
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 9 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add the red pepper, water chestnuts, peas, and onions. Fluff with a fork. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Goes well with Lime Chili Chicken Satays